31 August DFDL – The New Gold Rush: The Regulatory Challenges of Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies
Date: 31 August 2017, Thursday
Time: 7.30 am – 10.00 am
*Breakfast buffet will be served from 7:30am
Venue: Sathorn Room, Dusit Thani Bangkok, 946 Rama IV Road, Bangkok 10500
Fees: 900 Baht/person for pre-registered attendees and 1200 Baht/person for walk-ins
*Last date for registration is on 28th August 2017.
Pre-payment through bank transfer by 28th August 2017 or cash on the event date.
* Registration will be finalised upon confirmation of payment receipt.
** For any cancellations, please inform us by way of e-mail before 6pm on 28 August 2017 to receive a full refund. Failure to do so will be treated as a no-show and the full amount will be charged.
For more information and registration, please follow the link below.
2017 has seen bitcoin, ethereum, and their associated applications gain increased attention, with Thailand firmly at the leading edge. When the value of bitcoin hits an all-time high, Bangkok’s oldest noodle shop starts accepting bitcoin, and Thai businesses establish applications that rely on block chain, the technology that bitcoin is built on, then cyptocurrency is something that everyone needs to understand.
In this breakfast seminar, we’ll be discussing:
- The position of bitcoin and other cryptocurrency in the history of money;
- What blockchain is, how it’s being used, and what that means for cyptocurrency’s future;
- The Thai legal and tax issues surrounding making and receiving payments and trading in cryptocurrency;
- The future of cyptocurrency in international transactions; and
- Practical advice for exploring bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in Thailand.
- 7.30 am – 8.00 am: Registration
- 8.00 am – 9.30 am: Seminar
- 9.30 am – 10.00 am: Q&A Session
This is a seminar you can’t afford to miss. Places are limited, be sure to register now.
Partner, DFDL Thailand
Director of Professional Development, DFDL Thailand
Tax Manager, DFDL Thailand
Regional Legal Adviser, DFDL Lao PDR
Legal Senior Supervisor,
AEON Thana Sinsap (Thailand) Public Company Limited
07:00 - 10:00
Dusit Thani Bangkok