19 May Joint TIC/Auto Council/HR: Thailand 4.0 – Plans & Challenges for Harnessing Human Capital | Hosted by AMCHAM
The Auto Council, Trade & Investment, and Human Resources Committees would like to invite you to join the panel discussion on ‘Thailand 4.0: Plans & Challenges for Harnessing Human Capital.’ The meeting will be held in Pattaya and will precede the May Eastern Seaboard Networking evening. The event is hosted by AMCHAM, held in conjunction with the Australian, British, Canadian, German, Mexican, Singapore, South African, and Dutch chambers of commerce and BeluThai, and sponsored by Hemaraj Land And Development Public Company Limited and Caterpillar (Thailand) Ltd.
With the unveiling of “Thailand 4.0”, the Royal Thai Government aims to propel the country into a new economic era based on innovation, creativity and value-added services. One of the key pillars of this 100 billion Baht scheme is aimed at increasing the competitiveness of Thailand’s people, education, technology and innovation. The Government has stated that collaboration between public and private sectors will be critical to the success of this mission.
A recent study by the Quality Learning Foundation, Dhurakij Pundit University and Mahidol University, estimates Thailand will need to produce 1.6 million skilled workers annually for the next 15 years to support the requirements of moving into the era of 4.0. Developing Thailand’s current and future human resources for technology-based manufacturing industries is therefore at the forefront of the discussion.
With a focus on the Eastern Economic Corridor, AMCHAM’s Auto Council, Trade & Investment and HR Committees have invited government officials and critical private sector business leaders from the automotive, electronics and aerospace industries to discuss the human capital challenges and opportunities in achieving the next stage in Thailand’s development.
- 3:30 pm Registration
- 4:00 pm Opening remarks by David Nardone, Group Executive Industrial and International, Hemaraj Land And Development Public Company Limited and Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors, WHA Corporation Public Company Limited
- 4:10 pm Presentations:
- Preparing Quality Workers for Industry: Dr. Kitipong Promwong Ph.D, Secretary-General, Thailand National Science, Technology & Innovation Policy Office (NST).
- Electronics & IT Manufacturing Industry: Jeffrey Nygaard – Senior Vice President & Head of Global Operations & Supply Chain, Seagate Technology (Thailand) Limited, President of AMCHAM’s Board of Governors
- Automotive Industry: Somnuek Ngamtrakulchol – Vice President ASEAN of Human Resources, General Motors (Thailand) Limited
- Aerospace & Aviation Industry: Remy Maitam – President, Triumph Aviation Services, Triumph Group
- Precision Optical & Electro-mechanical: Dr. Harpal Gill, President & COO, Fabrinet Company Limited
- Moderator: Richard Jackson, General Manager of RLC Recruitment Company Limited
- 6:00 pm End of the seminar. Continue to the Joint Chambers Eastern Seaboard Networking
Date and time: May 19, 3:30 – 6 pm
Venue: AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa, Chonburi
Cost: AMCHAM members free of charge; non-members and walk-ins Baht 500 (includes a coffee break)
Booking and payment deadline: May 17
Looking for a great place to network on the Eastern Seaboard in a friendly social environment? Then come along to the Eastern Seaboard Joint Chamber Networking event in Pattaya. The event is hosted by AMCHAM and held in conjunction with the Australian, British, CanCham, German, Mexican, South African, Singaporean, Dutch chambers of commerce and BeluThai.
Food and venue sponsor by: AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa a luxury hotel in Pattaya city center that overlooks the beach and is surrounded by lush tropical greenery. The location is so central that guests are just steps away from the Royal Garden Plaza and some of Pattaya’s best shopping and entertainment options. The resort ‘s attractive design offers a sense of true privacy, space and tranquility that feels a world away from city life.
Date and time: May 19, 6:00 – 9: 00 pm (last drinks served at 8:30 pm)
Venue: AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa
Cost: Members Baht 500/Non-Members Baht 1,000 (payable in cash at the event)
Special room rate: AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa offer a room rate at THB 3,699.-nett include Breakfast for two people, to RSVP please contact Khun Asanee Intaring, Marketing Communications Manager, Tel: 038-412-120 e-mail: [email protected]
06:00 - 09:00
AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa